Processing, visualizing, and analyzing 3D Mars orbital and rover imagery for geological analysis, science target planning, and public engagement.
- Stereo reconstruction for co-registered, multi-resolution 3D products of Gale Crater, Mars
- 3D visualization and analysis of exposed layers in Gale Crater, Mars
- Research-based equitable engagement of the public using 3D imaging of planetary surfaces
- Processing and analysis of a CTX DTM of a terraced crater in the Cerberus Plains, Mars, for SHARAD data analysis (Xiong et al., in review)
- Processing CTX and HRSC DTMs of Victoria Crater and Gale Crater for image simulations from a planetary penetrator descent camera (Brydon et al., in prep.)
- Rosalind Franklin (ExoMars) PanCam operations, ExoFit rover trials 1 and 2 (2018, 2019)
Xiong, S., Persaud, D. M., Campbell, J. D., Putri, A.D.R., Muller, J.-P. Subsurface reflections detected by SHARAD data revealing buried channels and islands over the Elysium Planitia. In review.
Mueck, L., Palacios-Berraquero, C., and Persaud, D. M., Towards a quantum advantage, 2020, Physics World 33 (2), 17.
Palacios-Berraquero, C., Mueck, L., and D. M. Persaud, Instead of ‘supremacy’ use ‘quantum advantage.’ Nature 576, 213 (2019).
- Centre for Planetary Sciences Meeting 2020 (oral presentation, virtual)
- Space Science in Context 2020 Abstract (oral presentation, virtual)
- British Planetary Science Conference 2020 Abstract (oral presentation)
- EPSC-DPS Joint Meeting 2019 Abstract (oral presentation)
- European Planetary Science Congress 2018 Abstract (poster)
- Lunchtime Q&A, Geological Society, June 3, 2020 (virtual)
- S2 Ep. 26: What is Mars like in 3D? for The Cosmic Cast (April 2020)
- Mars in 3D YouTube playlist
REU & Summer Internship Program, SETI Institute & NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (2014, 2016)
- Tested methods of estimating initial crater depths of Saturn’s moons Rhea and Dione using Cassini ISS digital elevation models (DEMs)
- Investigated stereo methods for icy moon topography
- Produced crater size catalogs of four Saturnian moons
- Ongoing: assessment of methods of estimating initial crater depths of icy bodies
- Phillips et al. (in prep.)
- Persaud et al. (in prep.)
- AGU Fall Meeting 2014 Abstract (oral presentation)
Senior honors thesis, University of Rochester; NASA Ames Academy for Space Exploration, NASA Ames Research Center (2015-2016)
Designed a smallsat-scale ground penetrating radar (GPR)/synthetic aperture radar (SAR) hybrid multistatic system for the detection of lava tube systems on Mars; investigated and selected regions of interest and designed science mission; served as project manager in final two weeks to prepare technical manuscript.
Paleomagnetism Group, University of Rochester (2012-2016)
- Independent study: Used scanning electron microscopy and X-ray spectroscopy to characterize the matrix composition of Allende meteorite samples; identified rare chromite mineral species
- REU: Prepared and ran hysteresis and thermal demagnetization tests on impact glass samples to determine whether a magnetic field was generated by the Darwin impact
- Assistantship: Documented and prepared Fukang pallasite meteorite samples for magnetic tests
Summer intern, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (2011, 2012)
Adapting a method of passive radiometry used with the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter (MOLA) for use with the Mercury Laser Altimeter (MLA) to generate a reflectance map of the surface of Mercury at the 1064 nm wavelength.