I haven’t done recommendations in a while, but this is what I’m enjoying these days! [Updated 3/20]
- My friend Jake Bellissimo is releasing a new album under his own name, called “Piece of Ivy.” Preorder here and stream the single here.
- Another close friend Najia Khaled has released her first book of poetry, ‘wanderers, witch-talkers’ here!
- Lana C. Marilyn’s “Bedtime Stories” is a beautiful set of love poems in a modern, poetic take of a mixtape.
- The always-wonderful Sanjana Rajagopal has just released an eBook of poetry called “Letters to Aries”. As I’ve written before, Sanjana’s work is a mix of rawness, honesty, and lyrical restraint that I find both enchanting and liberating.
- UR is rife with talent and Hip Conspiracy is no exception – check out their first album “Breakout” on Bandcamp!
- Another good friend Jordan Putt has released a new original song – stream “Give Me Jesus” here.
- Polly Anna‘s “dreamy emo goddess pop” fulfills its promise and more. I’ve been listening to her album Monday, July 13.
- TOO MANY ZOOZ calls itself a “brass house” band and it’s definitely something. You can get their full discography at a discount here.